Bed bugs are one of the most widespread household problems that cause a disturbance in sleep. They just keep coming back, no matter how badly you try to get rid of them.
While it is difficult to eradicate bed bugs completely, there are certain methods like Steam Cleaning which can help you in getting temporary relief.
Table of Contents
- 1 List of Top 5 Best Bed Bug Steamers
- 2 How to Use a Bed Bug Steamer
- 3 Top 5 Best Bed Bug Steamers : Review
- 4 Buyer Guide to select the best Bed Bug Steamer
List of Top 5 Best Bed Bug Steamers
The following are some of the best bed bug steamers available in the market to help you get rid of bed bugs and other insects:
|1||PurSteam World’s Best Steamers|
|2||Conair Extreme Steam|
|5||Sunbeam Handheld Garment Travel Steam Press|
How to Use a Bed Bug Steamer
You can get rid of bed bugs with the help of bed bug steamers by following the steps mentioned below:
- Start by removing all the pillow covers, bed covers, and sheets from the bed and wash them in hot water.
- Start searching for the presence of bed bugs along with the corners and piping of the accommodation.
- Set the different levels of steam pressure, temperature, and timer as per your requirements.
- Start using the steamer along with the piping of the mattress and then gradually move towards the gaps in the mattress for thorough cleaning.
- Wrap a towel around the largest pipe attached to the steamer, and then steam it over the mattress.
- Make sure that you steam the mattress evenly and give it time to penetrate.
- Turn off the steamer and turn on the fan to let the mattress dry.
- Make sure that you iron the covers after washing them as it will ensure a more thorough cleaning.
Top 5 Best Bed Bug Steamers : Review
This bed bug steamer provides hot steam for cleaning within a couple of minutes and works best on materials like cotton, linen, wool, and washable wallpaper. It also includes an accessory set including various pieces for multiple surface cleaning.
|• Long 9.8 ft. cable for easy usage|
• Fast heating time of 3 to 4 minutes
• Hot steam cleans dirt and grease from the bed
• Works on cotton, wool, linen, as well as washable wallpaper
• Includes a nine-piece accessory set for multiple surface cleaning
|• Steam turns in to mist quickly|
• Surfaces take a lot of time to dry
User feedback on PurSteam World’s Best Steamers
This steamer effectively cleaned all the creviced through its high-pressure steaming and multi-functionality features.
The specialty of PurSteam World’s Best Steamers
This bed bug steamer’s accessory set makes it stand out from other steamers. The set assists the user in the cleaning of delicate crevices in the mattresses and its piping as well through a 10 ft. long cord. It can be used by everyone with ease as its accessories make it ideal for almost all surface types and bedding forms.
This bed bug steamer is heavy in weight yet portable and highly efficient in its job of getting rid of bed bugs as its steam works deep in to the mattresses within 15 minutes.
It provides ‘dry steam’ which does not leave any dampness behind and hence, does not cause any damage to the bedding.
|• Takes only 75 seconds to heat up|
• Steam time extends up to 15 minutes
• Dry steam penetrates on thicker surfaces as well
• Comes with a soft pillow brush, fabric brush, and creaser attachments
|• Multiple small components that require strict supervision|
• Heavy in weight
User feedback on Conair Extreme Steam
Conair Extreme Steam heated quickly and conserved a lot of my time. But its minute components require strict supervision, especially when children are around.
The specialty of Conair Extreme Steam
This steamer differentiates itself from other bed bug steamers with its potent steam feature. The steam is much hotter as compared to ordinary steam, does not wrinkle the surface much, and cleans off grime and mold as well.
It is best suited for people who want to thoroughly clean every inch and corner of their bed as it easily smoothens out all the bed sheets and pillow covers through its dry steam.
Steamfast is one of the best alternatives for people not having a large budget as it provides multiple steam and heat settings for almost every surface type and does not make use of any chemical.
This bed bug steamer includes various accessories and has a large water capacity which needs to be cooled completely before refilling.
|• Water tank can stock up to 45 ounces of water|
• Provides continuous steam production for up to 45 minutes
• Multiple steam and heats settings are available for a range of surfaces
• Does not make use of any chemical for cleaning and sanitizing
• Includes 15 accessories for productive cleaning and high surface compatibility
|• Needs to be completely cooled before refilling|
• Attachment storage is not reliable
User feedback on Steamfast SF-370WH
Steamfast SF-370WH was available at a low price but demanded a lot more in terms of service. However, its timings and steam quality worked surprisingly well and helped me in effectively getting rid of bed bugs.
The specialty of Steamfast SF-370WH
This bed bug steamer has a very simple structure and an easy to use design along with various accessories. Moreover, it includes two nylon brushes and a mop head that helps in conserving the working surface for a long period.
This steamer’s high user gratification level makes it suitable for anyone struggling with mild to severe bed bugs infestation as it is quite effective and easy to manage, at the same time.
This bed bug steamer is environment-friendly as it does not make use of any chemical for cleaning or sanitizing and effectively gets rid of mildew and mold along with bed bugs.
It includes a stainless-steel boiler with huge capacity and multiple accessories that help in providing more coverage.
|• Gets rid of mildew and mold along with bed bugs|
• Stainless steel boiler has a storage capacity of 1.6 liter
• Provides a steam output of 210°- 220° Fahrenheit
• Does not make use of chemicals for cleaning or sanitizing
• Impressive span of accessories for a thorough surface range
|• Weak main extension to the gun|
• Handle gets hot on continual usage
User feedback on Vapamore MR-100
Here is what one of the user said about Vapamore MR-100 : “I was surprised by Vapamore Steamer’s result as it killed all the bed bugs, without creating any mess. It has a good structure but the handle gets really hot quickly which is an issue.”
The specialty of Vapamore MR-100
This bed bug steamer’s lifetime guarantee makes it stand out from other products as it increases its reliability. Moreover, the steamer has a civil design with a maximum heating point of 210°- 220° F.
Vapamore MR-100 Steamer is best suited for people who prefer deep cleaning as it provides the accurate percentage of heat required for an effective steam. Along with this, it makes sanitization of the bed much easier as it also serves as a ‘grease fighter’.
This bed bug steamer is a great option for travelers as it is portable and removes smell along with bed bugs from your bed and pillows.
It provides wide and deep steam which de-wrinkles the surface making it one of the best all-natural cleaners. However, the steamer is quite heavy and does not include an automatic shut down option.
|• Removes smell along with bed bugs from your pillows and beds|
• Ideal for traveling and abrupt usage
• Deep steam penetration increases its efficiency
• Wide steam coverage de-wrinkles and prevents re-wrinkling
|• No voluntary safety shut-off option|
• Holding it for a long time often causes fatigue in hands
User feedback on Sunbeam Handheld Garment Travel Steam Press
Here is what one of users said : “Since I travel a lot, this steamer has been a great relief for me! It thoroughly cleans the mattresses so that one can rest without the fear of bed bugs and other pests.”
The specialty of Sunbeam Handheld Garment Travel Steam Press
The most desired feature of this handheld bed bug steamer is its portable size and a wide base which makes it easy to use and pack.
In addition to this, its creaser, texture brush, and other accessories like its handle, which deters blister, making it great for people with sensitive skin.
The steamer is best suited for people who travel often as it would help them in cleaning the mattress and serve as iron, at the same time.
Buyer Guide to select the best Bed Bug Steamer
Before buying any bed bug steamer to get rid of bed bugs, you should consider the following points and check if the product is suitable for you:
Safety: Make sure that the steamer is safe to use around children and pets, and if it makes use of any toxic substance as it could result in fatal results. In addition, always check the steam pressure of the steamer. Too high steam pressure can result in burns, and if the pressure is low, it might not work effectively.
Usage: The bed bug steamer should be very simple to use and you should not need to apply a lot of force while using it, as it would cause severe discomfort. It should not be too large in size as it would make it tough to carry around the house.
Efficiency: The bed bug steamer should be highly productive in order to save both time and effort. It is preferred to opt for a steamer that de-wrinkles the surface on its own after every use.
Pricing: You should evaluate the price of the bed bug steamer very carefully as it does not need to be too costly. It should come at a reasonable price and meet all your expectations. However, you should opt for the steamers that include accessories and serve multiple purposes and save a lot of money in the future.
Bed bugs are extremely hard to get rid of but using bed bug steamers makes it quite easy as they ensure deep cleaning of the sheets and beds. There are various steamers available in the market which do not create any mess, de-wrinkle the sheets, and serve as iron at the same time, saving a lot of money, time, and efforts.