While there is no way of eradicating bed bugs, there are certain methods like fogging which can help you in getting temporary relief.
Table of Contents
How to use Bed Bug Fogger
You can get rid of bed bugs with the help of bed bug foggers by following the steps mentioned below:
The pressurized cans of bed bug foggers are pre-filled and pre-mixed with insecticides and pyrethroids combined with stabilizers.
Since bed bugs become immune to insecticides easily, foggers are filled with pyrethroids as they are synthetic materials that operate like natural extracts from plants.
Top 3 Best Bed Bug Foggers
The following are some of the best bed bug foggers available in the market to help you get rid of bed bugs and other insects:
|Spectracide 100046128 Bug Stop Indoor Fogger, 6/2-oz, Brown/A||Check Price On Amazon|
|Raid Concentrated Deep Reach Fogger, 1.5 OZ (Pack - 2)||Check Price On Amazon|
The product gets rid of bed bugs and other insects as soon as they come in contact with it. It does not leave any debris behind and can be extended to cover the house corners. The product does not leave any stain or odor behind but can be harmful if inhaled.
|• Gets rid of bugs as soon as they come in its contact|
• Effective against various insect
• Does not leave any stain or debris behind
• Does not produce any odor
• Affordable and budget-friendly
• Can be extended to cover a large area
|• Can be hazardous if inhaled because of its chemical texture|
• Prolonged exposure can result in damage
• Needs to stay for a longer period
User feedback on Spectracide 100046128
The product was the perfect choice to get rid of bed bugs and other insects at an accessible price.
The specialty of Spectracide 100046128
The product is best suitable for people who want to get rid of bed bugs without spending a huge amount of money as it is one of the most budget-friendly bed bug foggers available in the market keeping in mind the various features provided by it.
The product is highly effective against bed bugs, fleas, and ticks as it not only gets rid of them but also restricts them from multiplying by eliminating their eggs and larvae as well with the help of insect growth controllers. Also, it lasts up to seven months and provides a coverage area of up to 2,000 cubic feet.
|• Restricts the re-infestation of bugs and fleas|
• Lasts as long as seven months
• Provides large coverage, up to 2000 cubic feet
• Highly effective against bugs, mosquitoes, and fleas
• Equipped with insect growth controllers to break the life cycle of insects
|• Might be hazardous if inhaled|
• Not safe for use around children and pets
• Can’t be used outdoors
User feedback on HARTZ Ultra Guard Plus Flea
Similar to the above-mentioned products, this bed bug fogger has earned many positive reviews from customers. This is because it is prepared with a number of qualities. The much-admired thing is its tremendous coverage, even in the corners of your house. Additionally, you get three cans in one package that makes it quite feasible.
The specialty of HARTZ Ultra Guard Plus Flea
The product is perfect for people facing severe bugs infestation as it is specially formulated to kill bed bugs and their eggs in order to provide you protection for up to 210 days or seven months.
It starts to work immediately and you will see a reduction in the bug population instantly. Moreover, it is equally beneficial against mosquitoes and ticks that cause severe damage to your wood furniture.
The product is furnished with a great set of features so that it can easily reach even the farthest corners of your house and eliminate various insects such as bugs, ants, cockroaches, and spiders.
It provides protection for up to two months and does not leave any debris or odor behind. Since the product does not have an angled nozzle, you need to be careful while spraying it.
|• Makes use of a concentrated mixture|
• Provides protection for up to 2 months
• Effective against various pests
• Can get rid of insects concealing in the cracks
• Does not cause any irritation from odor
|• Doesn’t have an angled nozzle|
• You need to be attentive while spraying the contents
User feedback on Raid Concentrated Deep Reach Fogger
The product effectively eliminated all the bugs and insects in my house for up to two months. However, we needed some time to get used to its improper design and absence of an angled nozzle.
The specialty of Raid Concentrated Deep Reach Fogger
The product is effective against a variety of insects for up to two months because it makes use of a concentrated mixture and can be sprayed deep within the smallest of cracks.
The product is best suitable for anyone facing a severe infestation of bugs and other insects.
Buyer Guide to select the best Bed Bug Fogger
Before buying any bed bug fogger to get rid of bed bugs, you should consider the following points and check if the product is suitable for you:
- User-Friendly: Various bed bug foggers vary in their operation. Therefore, you should opt for a product that can be easily used by you and gives the desired results.
- Size: Since bed bug foggers come in different sizes and shapes, you should select the one on the basis of how severe infestation is and how much area you need to cover in a single application.
- Cost: Bed foggers can be a bit more expensive as compared to other bug repellents, but they offer more features as well. It is important that you agree on a budget and then choose the appropriate fogger within your budget having the desired features.
- Mess created: Many foggers might leave some sticky debris in your surroundings. Therefore, you should opt for the ones with chemicals that make less havoc after use.
- Nozzle and Spray: Foggers that have an angled nozzle provide protection to the user from the spray and dust as it points the contents away from their face.
- Brand: When it comes to a great bed bug fogger, you should look for a product from a reputable brand as they would have a proven trial record, ensuring that the product is effective and safe to use.
Eliminating bed bugs has never been an easy task but with bed bug foggers, you can get rid of this problem once and for all. Bed bug foggers come in various sizes and budget, all depending on the various facilities such as coverage area, efficiency against other pests, durability, etc., provided by the product.
However, it is suggested that if you want to use a fogger indoors, especially with children and pets around, you should opt for the one which would not cause any harm if inhaled.