Dust mites are small creatures that create severe health issues for people who suffer from allergies, and dust mites are one of the common pest problems lot of people face across United states.
They are especially common in warm and humid places, and live in carpets, curtains, beddings, and mattresses present in your home, as they feed on dead skin cells of both humans and animals, found in dust.
How to Get rid of Dust Mites
You can get rid of Dust Mites present in your house with the help of the following Dust Mites Killers available in the market.
|1||Breathe Green Mite Fighter|
|2||Germ Guardian True HEPA Filter Air Purifier with UV Light Sanitizer|
|3||ERADICATOR for Bed Bugs & Dust Mites|
|4||COSYWORLD Bed Bug, Dust Mite & Lice Spray Killer|
|5||SonicGuard Miteless Home Ultrasonic Dust Mite Repeller|
Top 5 Best Dust Mites Killers : Review
Breathe Green’s Dust Mite Fighter is an organic dust mite killer as it eliminates dust mites present on any fabric with the help of natural herbs such as lemon, eucalyptus essence, and citronella oil. It does not produce any foul smell and reduces itching and rashes on your skin to a great extent.
- Very easy to use
- Does not make use of any toxic substance
- Totally organic, making it safe to use around children and animals
- Can be used on any fabric
- Reduces itching and skin rashes
- Produces pleasant smell
- Some people complained that the product smells like insecticides
How to use: You just need to put these pouches in corners of the bed, under the mattress, in the pillowcases, near curtains, in a closet, or any place that has been infested by dust mites. The pouches release a pleasant smell which repels the mites.
The air purifier’s ultraviolet light kills approximately 98% of airborne germs that include dust mites and many other insects as the purifier refreshes the air and the fan helps in the circulation of air.
The purifier comes with a sanitizer system that makes uses of Ozone and used only 8 watts of energy while providing a coverage area up to 180 sq. ft.
Germ Guardian True HEPA Filter Air Purifier with UV Light Sanitizer is very easy to use and does not create any sound, making it perfect for use around children and pets.
- Eliminates dust mites along with pollen, bacteria, viruses, mold spores, and odour!
- Easy to set-up and use
- Can be safely used 24*7 around children and pets as well
- Energy-efficient as it consumes only 8 watts of energy
- Includes a sanitizer system that makes the environment cleaner
- Doesn’t create any sound while operating as it is connected with a whisper-quiet technology fan system
- Noticeable burns were found on the steel filter after three weeks of use
- May result in the burning of the outlet and wall
How to use: The Germ Guardian True HEPA Filter Air Purifier with UV Light Sanitizer comes in a fully assembled, ready to use form with an attached UV bulb and stainless steel filters. You just need to plug in the device and instantly enjoy the fresh and clean air.
This ready to use spray is a biodegradable, natural solution that eliminates bed bugs, dust mites, and other pests that are resistant to the toxic chemicals. Since the product does not make use of any toxic chemicals or create any odour, it is safe to use around children and animals.
ERADICATOR for Bed Bugs & Dust Mites contains no harmful chemicals. This spray is also useful against various household pests such as etc.
- Ready to use
- Effective against dust mites along with fleas, chiggers, and other household pests
- Does not make use of any chemical
- Safe to use around children and animal
- Environment-friendly as it is biodegradable
- Does not leave any stain or odor behind
- Cost-effective solution
- The spray produces a single, straight stream and therefore, can deal with a single pest at a given time.
How to use: You can use the ready-to-use spray every day on mattresses and furniture where bed bugs overrun.
The spray eliminates bug infestations including dust mites, bird mites, spider mites, cockroaches, stink bugs, silverfish, ants, lice and fleas. It is made up of natural ingredients and does not have any scent, making it safe for use around children and animals.
It is effective against mite eggs, pesticide-resistant bugs and provides extra residual protection of at least two weeks after first use.
- Easy to use
- Environment-friendly as it does not contain any toxic and synthetic pesticides
- Shows immediate results
- Safe for use around children and pets
- Effective against a variety of pests
- Does not leave any stain or odor behind
- Eliminates chemical-resistant bugs as well
- It vanishes the liquid staining on the surface.
- Few people complained that the spray does not last long as the pests keep coming back almost immediately.
How to use:
You can use Cosyworld Bed Bug Killer by following the steps mentioned below:
Preparation: Clean all mattress covers, affected linens, and clothing with the detergent, and then transfer it to a dryer machine. If the care label allows, dry at 140⁰ F for 30 minutes to kill the remaining bed bugs.
Treat the Bedding: Adjust nozzle to ‘spray’ and spray the dust mite killer to the areas where any bed bugs are visible, like along the edges of mattresses, tufts, and box springs.
Use the ‘stream’ setting to treat any crevices and cracks around areas where bed bugs have been seen.
Treat the Surrounding: Thoroughly vacuum the furniture, curtains, bed frames, flooring, mattresses, baseboards, box springs, and any other reachable area. Wash all clothes, bedding, dressings, curtains, pillows, sheets, pillowcases, and bed skirting if they are made of suitable fabric.
The electronic pest controller acts directly upon the nervous and auditory system of various pests like mosquitoes, mice, dust mites by using ultrasonic waves with coverage of 320 sq. ft., without causing any harm to other animals or birds.
SonicGuard Miteless Home Ultrasonic Dust Mite Repeller is an eco-friendly, cost-effective, and, durable repellent with good quality material. It can be used anywhere in the home, warehouse, office, garden, hotel, restaurant, or any other place, and the new technology to make this repellent lasts for a longer duration.
- Eco-friendly and easy to use
- Lasts for a long period and is cost-effective
- Doesn’t kill the pest but makes them fly away so that you don’t have to worry about the cleaning
- Can be used both indoors and outdoors
- Safe to use around children, birds, and animals (except harvester pets)
- Effective against a variety of pests
- Be careful and don’t use it if you’ve harvester pets at home.
- You can use it easily both indoors and outdoors.
- Does not show immediate results
- At times, it is ineffective against mosquitoes and other insects
- Can’t be used near harvester pets
How to use: SonicGuard Miteless Home Ultrasonic Dust Mite Repeller is very easy to use as you just have to plug the device in to your socket and wait for the results.
Buyer’s Guide to select the Best Dust Mite Killer
If you are going to buy any other dust mite killer repellent than purifier than you should keep in mind the following points-
- Carefully read the label: You must read the label very carefully if you’re buying spray or any other repellent as it includes important information such as the ingredients used and instructions about how to use the product. The label also tells whether the repellent is environment-friendly and safe to use around children, or not.
- Odorless: The dust mite killer repellent you are buying should be odorless because it becomes really difficult to use that product if produces any foul smell.
- Long-lasting: Make sure you buy a reliable repellent that has a long-lasting effect. Some sprays or other repellents may not be that effective and lose their effect in a very short period, making it a waste of money.
- Should not cause any allergic reaction: The repellent you plan to buy should not create any itching or rashes on your body due to allergic reactions. At times, these allergic reactions can become severe, especially near children. Therefore, always check if you are allergic to any product before you buy it.
- Reviews: Make sure you read the reviews of that product as you’ll get to know about various things such as the smell of that product, its effectiveness, longevity, safety, etc.
Apart from Dust Mite Killers, you can use HEPA Purifier to get rid of Dust Mites.
- ✅【HIGH PERFORMANCE】 Circulates the air 1x per hour in 915 square foot rooms and 4.8x per hour in 189 sq. ft rooms, making it ideal for medium to large sized rooms such as: dorm rooms, bedrooms, and other living areas!
- ✅【AIR PURIFIER FOR HOME】 True HEPA air filter reduces up to 99.97% of harmful germs, dust, pollen, pet dander, mold spores, and other allergens as small as .3 microns from the air
- ✅【FIGHTS GERMS】 UV-C light helps reduce airborne viruses such as influenza, staph, rhinovirus, and works with Titanium Dioxide to reduce volatile organic compounds
- ✅【TRAPS ALLERGENS】 Pre-filter traps dust, pet hair, and other large particles while extending the life of the HEPA filter
- ✅【ZERO OZONE CERTIFIED】 Ultraviolet - C (UV-C) acts as the ultimate line of defense, helping reduce airborne germs such as Staphylococcus Albus, Escherichia Coli, Aspergillus Niger, and Phi-X174 as well as airborne bacteria and mold spores*
- ✅【REDUCES ODORS】 Activated charcoal filter helps to reduce unwanted odors from pets, smoke, cooking fumes, and more
- ✅【QUIET OPERATION】 The lowest setting can be used as gentle white noise at night for a quiet, restful sleep
The following are some of the points that you should keep in mind while buying a HEPA Purifier:
- The size: Depending on the scope and area of the room where the air purifier would be placed, you should purchase a product with adequate performance.
- For example, if you plan to purchase an air purification for a room as large as 500 sq. ft., buying a device designed for about 20 sq. ft. will not be of any use. Bigger the place, the larger the capacity of the air purifier.
- The intensity of usage: If you plan on running the purifier round the clock, keeping the air clean 24*7, then you should purchase a product that is made of suitable material, durable, and comes with a fair period of warranty.
- Quietness: A low-quality air purifier could be very disturbing at night as it would produce a lot of unnecessary sounds and turn out to be ineffective.
Dust Mites produce a lot of allergens, making it important to get rid of them as soon as you get to know about their infestation. There are various dust mite repellents available in the market in the form of sprays, powder, and air purifiers that not only get rid of pests but keep your surroundings clean as well.
It is advised to opt for repellents that do not include any toxic substance as it would be safe to use around children and animals. Ultrasonic repellents might be costlier as compared to other repellents but they are most effective.