You can determine the presence of Rabbits in your lawn by looking out for marks on trees as rabbits like to gnaw on barks of trees and shrubs.
If you notice any marks on the bark of the tree below two feet, there are high chances that rabbits are present in your garden or lawn. Additionally, rabbits have a voracious appetite and feed on leaves, shoots, roots, fruits with the help of their sharp teeth.
Table of Contents
- 1 Types of Rabbit Repellents
- 2 How to Get rid of Rabbits?
- 3 Top 6 Best Rabbit Repellents
- 3.1 1. Nature’s MACE Concentrate Rabbit and Deer Repellent
- 3.2 2. Enviro Pro 11025 Rabbit Scram Repellent Granular White Pail
- 3.3 3. Liquid Fence Deer & Rabbit Repellent
- 3.4 4. Repellex Deer & Rabbit Repellent Original Concentrate
- 3.5 5. Repels-All Animal Repellent Concentrate
- 3.6 6. Deer Scram Granular for Deer and Rabbit
Types of Rabbit Repellents
There are two different types of repellents available in the market to get rid of rabbits. They are:
- Commercial repellents make use of chemicals to keep rabbits away from your garden or homes. They are mostly available in liquid form, making it easy to spray around the places.
- Natural repellents tend to be made up of natural ingredients and work either by creating an odour that deters the rabbit or by altering the flavour of greenery to prevent it from being eaten by rabbits.
How to Get rid of Rabbits?
The following are some of the best Rabbit Repellents available in the market:
- Nature’s MACE Concentrate Rabbit and Deer Repellent
- Enviro Pro 11025 Rabbit Scram Repellent Granular White Pail
- Liquid Fence Deer & Rabbit Repellent
- Repellex Deer & Rabbit Repellent Original Concentrate
- Repels-All Animal Repellent Concentrate
- Deer Scram Granular for Deer and Rabbit
Top 6 Best Rabbit Repellents
The repellent provides effective protection from rabbits by preventing them from feeding on your landscapes, gardens, flowers, shrubs, trees, and vines with the help of scent technology that deters them from entering your place.
This rabbit repellent contains three times more active ingredients as compared to other leading rabbit repellents and it provides a coverage area of two acres.
Key Features of Nature’s MACE Concentrate Rabbit and Deer Repellent:
- Nature’s MACE Concentrate Rabbit and Deer Repellent is odorless, long-lasting, and rain resistant.
- It can be safely used around children and other pets and won’t wash away during irrigation.
How to Use Nature’s MACE Concentrate Rabbit and Deer Repellent?
You would need to apply the repellent as directed on the bottle. However, you should apply a second line of spray along the base of the fencing that covers the garden to keep the rabbits at bay.
This rabbit repellent is eco-friendly as it does not cause any harm to animals and prevents vegetables, flowers, and shrubs from any damage caused by rabbits.
You should sprinkle it around the perimeter of the vegetation and it provides a coverage area of around 28,000 sq. ft.
Key Features of Enviro Pro 11025 Rabbit Scram Repellent Granular White Pail
- Enviro Pro 11025 Rabbit Scram Repellent Granular White Pail is a natural and organic granular repellent.
- It is easy to use, does not produce any bad odor, and can withstand rough weather conditions.
How to Use Enviro Pro 11025 Rabbit Scram Repellent Granular White Pail?
You don’t need to mix or spray the repellent. You just need to sprinkle it around the perimeter of the vegetation as its single strip can provide protection for up to three weeks.
The Liquid Fence is ready to use rabbit repellent that makes use of scent and taste deterring formula to deter the rabbits from harming the plants. The formula does not cause any harm to the plants or animals and is rain-resistant.
However, you must use and store the product as directed so that it can be applied throughout the year as the rabbit’s natural aversion to the scent will never diminish, implying that you don’t need to use it with other repellents.
Key Features of Liquid Fence Deer & Rabbit Repellent
- Liquid Fence Deer & Rabbit Repellent can be used on small as well as large areas and it takes about six hours to dry after application.
- You would need to re-apply it once again if in case of rain as rainwater may dilute its effectiveness.
How to Use Liquid Fence Deer & Rabbit Repellent?
You would need to re-apply this repellent every three to four weeks and after an excessive rainfall.
If your place is infested by rabbits, you may need to use it in combination with other repellents. You can use hand-held bottles for covering small areas, and tank sprayers to cover a large area.
This rabbit repellent is specially designed for use on leafy and wooden surfaces as it works by forming a protective coating around the sprayed area.
Its major ingredient includes dried blood meal and its predator-like scent deters the rabbit away from your lawn and garden.
Other ingredients like garlic and essential oils deteriorate the plants and hence, provide an additional barrier of protection against rabbits.
Key Features of Repellex Deer & Rabbit Repellent Original Concentrate
Repellex Deer & Rabbit Repellent Original Concentrate is natural and safe for the environment as the formula contains natural adhesives and lasts up to 90 days.
How to Use Repellex Deer & Rabbit Repellent Original Concentrate?
You need to mix the repellent in a sprayer and use it during a sunny day so that it can dry quickly. You would need to spray it more often during the rainy season to avoid dilution and you can use sprayers of different sizes, depending upon the coverage area.
This rabbit repellent works by triggering genetically and biologically ingrained fear and flight responses in rabbits. It is made up of garlic, dried blood, whole egg solids, clove, fish oil, onion, and wintergreen and repels the rabbit in three ways: touch, taste, and smell.
Key Features of Repels-All Animal Repellent Concentrate
- Repels-All Animal Repellent Concentrate is eco-friendly but should be kept out of children’s reach.
- The single application of the repellent lasts up to two months and it should not be used in combination with other repellents.
How to Use Repels-All Animal Repellent Concentrate?
Mix in the said proportions, put it in a spray bottle, and spray the repellent on your plants and near other vegetation. Re-spray every three months for effective response.
The repellent is a chemical-free solution to get rid of rabbits present in your garden and landscape as it is made up of natural and organic ingredients.
This rabbit repellent works by producing an odour that is similar to the smell of an animal which triggers the inherent fear response in rabbits and causes them to stay away from that particular area. Also, the odour does not affect other plants and animals.
Key Features of Deer Scram Granular for Deer and Rabbit
- Deer Scram Granular for Deer and Rabbit is completely organic as it is made up of biodegradable granular formula.
- It can be used in any season and is cheaper as compared to other repellents.
How to Use Deer Scram Granular for Deer and Rabbit?
You don’t need to mix or spray the repellent as it is available in granular form and sprinkling it on your garden is enough. You need to re-apply it every three to four weeks by sprinkling it in a way that it does not come in contact with any other animal.
Check out the environmental conditions at your home or garden where you found rabbits, and pick the best repellent according to the situation.