Roaches are the most primitive winged-insects. They have a flattened, oval body with long antennae and black or brown exoskeleton. They are not known to bite humans but can create several health issues due to the bacteria they carry.
How to get Roaches out of Electronics and Home Appliances?
It is important to get rid of the roaches that get stuck in your appliances, especially in the kitchen appliances such as refrigerators, microwaves, and other home appliances because cockroaches have the ability to spread various diseases that will also impact your health.
The roaches hide in electronics and other appliances to escape from extreme cold as electronic devices have a moderate temperature range and they also become hot when we operate them.
How to get Roaches out of Your Microwave?
You can get rid of Roaches present in your Microwave by following the steps mentioned below:
- Unplug your microwave and remove the microwave plate or dish.
- Clean your microwave thoroughly with a disinfectant agent that contains detergent. Let it dry and settle in the microwave for at least 10 to 15 minutes.
- Clean the microwave with a clean cloth to remove the disinfectant.
- Purchase a roach killer spray, you can check the below recommendation.
- Spray it into your microwave and let it dry for at least an hour.
- Clean the dead roaches out of the microwave (if any).
- Clean the microwave one more time with the disinfectant agent and let it dry for another hour.
- Clean the microwave with a dry cloth and keep it in a back porch for a day.
- If possible then keep a cup of cheap wine inside the microwave so that the roaches can die after drinking it.
How to get Roaches out of your Refrigerator Motor?
You can get rid of Roaches present in your Refrigerator Motor by following the steps mentioned below:
- Identify the characteristics of the cockroach roaming around your refrigerator so that you can treat it according to its behavior patterns. You can also contact your local Extensive office for more accurate information.
- Clean any food particles present beneath or behind the refrigerator.
- Remove any egg cases around the corners of the refrigerator motor.
- Empty the tray that collects the condensed water underneath the refrigerator.
- Use tight-fitting garbage bins to take out the garbage fast.
- Make sure that there is no paper, cardboard, or debris around the refrigerator as the roaches can hide in them.
- Seal the cracks near the foundation or exterior walls of the house that measure around 1/8 inch or more.
- Caulk any type of openings around the refrigerator outlet.
- Apply a layer of insecticidal dust under and around the refrigerator so that it can effectively enter into the crevices and eventually, to the cockroaches hiding in refrigerators.
- The insecticidal dust contains boric acid, which sticks to the body of the roach and is ingested by them when they groom themselves. Boric acid dust takes around seven days or more to reduce the cockroach population.
- Place cockroach traps in and near the areas where you suspect cockroach activities frequently. The traps generally have a sticky surface to immobilize roaches and you would need to check the traps regularly to monitor the progress of the treatment.
Home Remedies to get rid of Roaches present in Your Fridge
Eucalyptus oil is one of the most prominent and effective home remedies to repel cockroaches. Since it is chemical-free, it does not cause any harm to humans and animals and can be used around the fridge to get rid of roaches.
How to use:
You can also make your homemade solution with Eucalyptus oil, Tea tree oil, Water, and Liquid soap, to spray around and beneath the fridge to get rid of roaches.
- Mix 3 to 4 drops of liquid soap, 10 to 11 drops of tea tree oil, and 10 to 11 drops of eucalyptus oil in 150 ml of water.
- Mix them well and pour the solution into a sprayer.
- Shake the solution well and spray it inside, beneath, and around the fridge.
How to get Roaches out of your Stove?
You can get rid of Roaches present in your Stove by following the steps mentioned below:
- Remove any sort of food particles present in the kitchen.
- Clean the kitchen rooftop with a liquid detergent thoroughly and then mop it up with a clean cloth.
This is because cleaning is very essential to eliminate roaches.
- Apply a roach bait that can be easily injected behind and around the stove. You check below recommended product:
Note: Make sure that you remove all the stuck food particles around the stove as the roaches are generally attracted to it only and after you have applied the roach bait.
How to get Roaches out of your Toaster?
You can get rid of Roaches present in your Toaster by following the steps mentioned below:
- Wear protective gear such as latex gloves.
- Unplug the toaster and keep it in a plastic bag that can be sealed or you can make a tight knot.
- Keep that plastic bag in a freezer because cockroaches can’t survive at a temperature of 23⁰ Fahrenheit or below. If it’s winter and the temperature is around 0⁰ Celsius, you can place the toaster outside.
- You would need to wait for at least 24 hours if you’ve kept the toaster in a freezer.
If it is outside, then you would need to wait for around five days.
- Open the plastic bag outside the house and clean the toaster by holding it upside-down and shaking it over the plastic bag.
- Clean the inside of the toaster with the help of a pastry brush. You can also take a wet cloth and dip it in dish soap to wipe the exterior and crumb tray of the toaster.Avoid dipping the toaster in water as that can lead to an electrical shock or fire when you plug it in.
- Tie up the plastic bag and dispose it outdoors in a trash bin.
How to get Roaches out of your Television?
You can get rid of Roaches present in your Television by following the steps mentioned below:
- Clean the surroundings of your television and its table thoroughly with a liquid detergent and wipe it off after cleaning.
- If your television is lying on a television table, place some roach bait around the corners of your television on the table to lure the roaches out of the television. You can check below recommended roach bait:
- Keep a constant eye on the television table to make sure that all the roaches are out.
- Clean the remains of roaches so that it does not entice any other pest.
How to get Roaches out of your Laptop?
To get the roaches out of the laptop, you just need to keep a box filled with dry ice above your laptop as it will push out all the oxygen and replace it with carbon dioxide.
This will result in a decrease in temperature which would result in the extermination of roaches inside the laptop. After this, you would need to open your laptop and clean it thoroughly by removing all the carcasses.
How to get Roaches out of Your Computer?
You can get rid of Roaches present in your Computer by following the steps mentioned below:
- Take a clean cardboard box bigger than the size of your laptop and tape up its corners tight.
- Spray the inside of the box with a roach killer spray in such a way that the cardboard box is just damp, not soaked, so that the box doesn’t fall apart. You check below recommended roach killer spray:
- Quicky place your computer inside that cardboard for effective results.
- Close the lid of the box properly and tightly and wash your hands.
- Keep the box in a warm place, under direct sunlight for at least 24 hours.
- After 24 hours, open the box and take the computer out of it.
- Clean your computer properly and wash your hands.
Note: Don’t worry about the strange odour of the roach killer spray that would come from your computer as it would fade within a few days.
How to get Roaches out of your Printer?
You can get rid of Roaches present in your Printer by following the steps mentioned below:
- Unplug your printer and very lightly spray the exterior of your printer with a roach killer spray. You can check below recommended roach killer spray:
- Transfer that printer into a plastic bag that also has been sprayed with a high quantity of roach killers.
- Seal the bag properly and keep it in a bare place for the day.
- Next day, take the printer out of the bag and clean it properly with a cloth.
How to get Roaches out of your PS4?
You can get rid of Roaches present in your PS4 by following the steps mentioned below:
- Put your PS4 in a clean white garbage bag and make sure that you cut off all the oxygen supply by tightly closing the bag.
- Place the white garbage bag with PS4 in a black garbage bag with a bit of mint smell.
- Place the black garbage bag at a hot temperature for at least two to four hours to get rid of roaches.
How to get Roaches out of your Xbox One?
You can get rid of Roaches present in your Xbox by following the steps mentioned below:
- Place the Xbox in a bag and tightly close the bag.
- Place the bag in the freezer for about two to four hours to get rid of roaches.
One of the common and easy solutions to get rid of roaches present in electrical appliances is to place the device in a cooler temperature where roaches can’t survive.
However, before doing this, read the manual of that particular device carefully in order to determine if doing that is safe or not.
Also, you can follow the above-mentioned procedures to get rid of roaches from home appliances and electronics like Refrigerator, Microwave, Stove, Toaster, Laptop, Computer, XBox etc.,