Whiteflies are winged, soft-bodied insects that are related to Aphids and Mealybugs. They are triangular in shape and are usually found clustered on the underside of the leaves during the day-time. They feed on common houseplants, especially on the ones with soft, smooth leaves.
How to get rid of Whiteflies?
You can get rid of Whiteflies with the help of the following insecticides and traps available in the market.
- Safer Brand 5118-6 Insect Killing Soap Concentrate
- Natria Insecticidal Soap Organic Miticide
- Yellow Sticky Aphid Whitefly Trap
- SEWANTA Victor M380 Reusable Outdoor Fly Traps
- Bonide Products Ready-to-Use Insect Soap
Top 5 Best Whitefly Insecticides and Traps
This whitefly insecticide is an organic insecticidal soap/spray made up of fatty acid salts, derived directly from plants, and allows your fruits and vegetables to thrive until the time of harvesting.
Safer Brand 5118-6 Insect Killing Soap Concentrate can be used both indoors and outdoors, on vegetables, shrubs, flowers, trees, gardens, and ornamentals as it is highly effective against Whiteflies, Clover mites, Thrips, Leafhopper, Mealybugs, etc.
How to use: It is easy to use, contact spray. Hence, the product should be drizzled directly on the plants or vegetables. It dries quickly and works by directly damaging the cell membrane of clover mites.
This whitefly insecticide is an organic, multi-purpose insect repellent, made of ingredients such as potassium salt of fatty acids. It is easy to use and shows quick results everywhere – indoors, outdoors, or greenhouses as it is effective against Whiteflies, Clover mites, Aphids, Mites, and other similar insects.
Natria Insecticidal Soap Organic Miticide not only gets rid of multiple pests but also controls and suppresses important plant diseases, making it suitable for organic farming. It can be used on a variety of fruits, vegetables, flowers, and houseplants.
How to use: This whitefly repellent comes with an adjustable sprayer which needs to be pointed and sprayed towards the infested place or area. It shows quick results, within minutes of spray.
Yellow sticky aphid whitefly trap is a non-toxic trap and highly effective against whiteflies and various other insects. It is long-lasting and comes with a wire twist so that it can be hung easily on plants and branches.
How to Use: The sticky trap comes with a twisted wire through which it can be hung on to the plants and branches of the tree to provide protection from whiteflies and other insects.
This whitefly trap is a washable and reusable outdoor fly trap that comes with an adjustable hanging chain to hang it. It can catch up to 20,000 flies as it has a wide mouth design which allows easy filling of the bait and washing.
SEWANTA Victor M380 Reusable Outdoor Fly Trap is an environment-friendly trap as it does not make use of any chemical or any toxic substance and is safe to use around children and other animals. The trap attracts various insects such as whiteflies, house flies, cluster flies, etc. through a safe bait and its strong smell.
How to Use: You can use this whitefly trap by following the steps mentioned below:
- Set up the trap
- Add warm water to the bait and mix it
- Keep adding more water to submerge the flies submerged
- Tightly screw the trap close
- Hang it outside your house with the help of the changing chain, fixed to the hook.
This whitefly insecticide is specially designed to promote environment-friendly gardening as it doesn’t contain any animal fatty acids or flammable solvents.
Bodine insecticide is best suited for organic farming and can be used both indoors and outdoors along with in greenhouses on nut fruit trees, soybeans, peas, corns, melons, citrus fruits, and many other fruits.
How to Use: It is a ready to use spray as the nozzle makes the spraying very easy and convenient. You just need to spray it on the whiteflies, whenever you notice them.
Buyer Guide to select the Best Whitefly Insecticide and Whitefly Trap
Before buying any insecticide to get rid of Whiteflies, you should keep the following points in mind and make sure that the repellent is fit for your use:
- Read the reviews or label of the whitefly repellent as it includes information about its ingredients and if it is effective against whiteflies.
- Check if the specific whitefly insecticide or trap is suitable for both indoor and outdoor purposes.
- Most important factor is safety. Please ensure the whitefly trap or whitefly insecticide you are going purchase is safe enough to be used around pets and children.
- In case of sticky traps, it should be ready to use, chemical-free, and sticky enough to catch your whiteflies to avoid any mess.
- Also consider the convenience of usage, especially for whitefly traps.
Whiteflies are tiny insects that feed on leaves and can be identified from their white color and triangular shape. They can cause severe damage to your plants and vegetables by feeding on their leaves and therefore, it is important to get rid of them through various repellents available in the form of insecticides, miticides, and traps.