Bed bugs are the insects that feed on human blood. Those insects are harmful and also irritable. They live between the bed edges or spaces where humans can’t find them easily.
Yes, they’re a bit troublesome pests, and we’re certain you’ve already tried out a few techniques to get rid of them with only a few outcomes.
Don’t worry; we’ve sorted out the best options of bed bug sprays that’ll take away all of your worries!
Table of Contents
- 1 List of Top 5 Best Bed Bug Sprays
- 2 How to Safely Use Bed Bug Spray
- 3 Top 5 Best Bed Bug Sprays : User Reviews & Analysis
- 4 Comparison of Top 5 Best Bed Bug Sprays
- 5 Buyer Guide to select the Best Bed Bug Spray
List of Top 5 Best Bed Bug Sprays
How to Safely Use Bed Bug Spray
There are three kinds of bed bug sprays: liquid, aerosol, and concentrated, which is first diluted with water and then used. Using any kind of bed bug spray needs some background knowledge before you start using it. Here’s a quick guide on how to safely use a bed bug spray:
To Use a Liquid Spray
- Shake the bottle to generate the chemicals inside and disperse them evenly.
- Pull the trigger to spray some product. It is most productive in small breaks and crevices, usually along the edges of the ground, the door, or near your bedside.
- Spray at even periods along the edges to ensure the equal spreading of the chemical.
To Use an Aerosol Spray
- Shake the bottle before use.
- Hold the can upright to avert clogging and spray the chemical along the edges of the breaks and crevices in the same way as the liquid spray.
- Ensure an even coat is sprayed.
To Use an Insecticide Concentrate
- Read and follow the mixing directions given on the product packaging.
- You are expected to dilute various milliliters of the concentrate in a specific amount of water (as per the mentioned guide).
- Fill a spray tank with half of the water and then pour the exact amount of insecticide concentrate.
- Shake the tank to excite the chemical and then fill it up with the remaining quantity of water.
- Depending upon the guidelines on your spray tank, shake the tank up and pull the pump up and down to assure the pressure is piled up.
- Sprinkle in the same manner as liquid and aerosol sprays, assuring an even coat along the edges.
Top 5 Best Bed Bug Sprays : User Reviews & Analysis
Who doesn’t like an eco-friendly choice to spray around the house? The best aspect of this bed bug insecticide is that it’s environment-friendly and non-toxic, making it ideal to use around kids and pets without any harm. And no, all these labels surely aren’t a trick because it is a 100% effective against bed bugs!
|1. Has a 100% potency rate.|
2. The impact lasts for up to ten days.
3. Safe enough to be used on apparel too.
4. Kills all the bugs and larvae at every life phase.
5. Free of poisons, making it safe to use around kids and pets.
|1. Odour stays on clothing for a couple of days.|
2. Comprise lemongrass, thus its scent is not tolerable for all.
3. Leaves stains and spots when used on the floor or bed.
User feedback on Bed Bug Killer by EcoRaider :
Most of the users said Buying Bed Bug Killer by EcoRaider truly helped get rid of any bed bugs without using deadly chemicals. Few users stated that they actually liked the lemongrass aroma surprisingly.
The specialty of Bed Bug Killer by EcoRaider :
The EPA-approved Bed Bug Killer is the actual deal. It comprises natural active ingredients that work competently in killing bed bugs at every stage of their life cycle. The product is safe and can be used on accommodation and even on clothing. It comes in both aerosol and liquid form.
Best Suitable for :
The EcoRaider Bed Bug Killer is a bit expensive for a lot of people, but it offers 100% effectiveness. It’s great for use if you have a child, a newborn, or if you have a pet since it is non-toxic and therefore, harmless.
Bedlam Plus is quite a powerful spray that helps you get rid of any insect who have entered into you home. It is highly productive and is known to get rid of bed bugs that are reluctant to most of the other strong chemicals. If you’re looking for something you can use indoors, this is the way to go.
|1. Does not damage wooden surfaces.|
2. Does not stink as bad as other sprays.
3. Does not stain water-safe fabrics and textures.
4. Kills the bed bugs at every phase of their life cycle.
5. Works on pests other than bed bugs such as fleas and mites.
|1. Barely kills 40-50% of the bugs.|
2. Harmful to use around kids and pets.
3. May infuriate the skin if comes in contact
User feedback on Bedlam Plus Aerosol :
Users were highly influenced by how quickly this product brought outcomes. On the first spray, this product kept its promise – only the bugs’ bodies were found. Some also found it good that the chemicals in the spray do not smell as hard as some other bed bug sprays.
The specialty of Bedlam Plus Aerosol :
It has the quality that allows it to kill not only the grown-up bed bugs, but also their eggs, helping in cleaning the area once and for all.
Best Suitable for :
This bed bug spray is suitable to use indoors, and since it releases toxic gases, it is better not to use it around kids and pets. Besides that, the spray can be used on furniture, carpets, and floor. Also, it is affordable for everyone.
If you’re looking for some eco-friendly bed bug spray, then this is the right product for you. Harris Toughest Bed Bug Killer is a tremendous insecticide and is worthy of your interest. It does not stain fabrics and is sure to clean your area of any bed bugs and their eggs!
|1. Does not stain or harm fabrics.|
2. Can be used both indoors and outdoors.
3. Non-toxic and safe to use around kids and pets.
5. The impact lasts for a long time, about 15 weeks after application
|1. Does not kill hidden bed bugs.|
2. Issues with the sprayer nozzle getting clogged easily.
3. Needs to be used repeatedly to assure all pests are killed.
User feedback on Harris Toughest Bed Bug Killer :
Users found this product productive when used carefully. Although the procedure was time-consuming, customers found it incredibly effective. Most importantly, they appreciated the fact that it was odorless and environment-friendly, concluding they could use it easily.
The specialty of Harris Toughest Bed Bug Killer :
The product is said to be the most effective of all for the reason that it finishes off the bugs even if they are pyrethoid resistant. It kills the bugs down to their eggs. It also comes in a large container that can be cost-effective and can enable you to use it as much as needed.
Best Suitable for
Feel free to use the Harris Toughest spray indoors and outdoors. It is non-toxic and eco-friendly and can effortlessly be used around pets and kids. It can be sprayed on clothes, furniture, and floor, although it is most effective at being sprayed in small breaks and crevices.
Eco-friendly, durable, and effective, you cannot go wrong with the MDXconcepts Spray. It works like a charm, killing all bed bugs and their eggs, assuring you a good night’s sleep.
|1. The scent is mild.|
2. Kills adult bed bugs and their larvae.
3. Safe to use around kids and pets.
4. Includes safe ingredients, all organic and plant-derived.
5. Can be used on floor and clothing, without thinking about stains.
|1. Less quantity.|
2. Does not kill unseen bed bugs.
3. Not odorless, some people might not like the smell
User feedback on MDXconcepts Organic Bed Bug killer :
Users are extremely pleased with this product. It gave the quick results, also, it is safe to use around children and pets.
The specialty of MDXconcepts Organic Bed Bug killer :
MDXconcepts bed bug killer is made organically and no harmful chemicals were used. This is not only environment-friendly but also promises to protect one’s health. It is affordable, effective and non toxic.
Best Suitable for
The spray can be used indoors. Also, if you have toddlers or young kids, or pets around, you can use this product without any restrictions. It is completely organic and inexpensive making it suitable for a greater audience.
The Patrol Bed Bug Spray is one of the best ones out there in demand and is not harmful at all. Simple and easy to use, the spray is also environment-friendly and safe to use around kids and pets, leaving buyers satisfied with the outcomes.
|1. Safe to use around kids and pets.|
2. Natural ingredients emerged from plant extracts.
3. Does not leave any stains primarily on linens.
4. Various bottle sizes to choose from.
|1. The odor may stay on for a long time.|
2. Fails to kill any bed bugs that may be unseen.
3. Not odorless, some people might not like the smell
User feedback on Bed Bug Patrol Bed Bug Killer :
Users had said that this product gave 100% results to them. It can be sprayed on any surface, even on clothes, and won’t leave any stains.
The specialty of Bed Bug Patrol Bed Bug Killer
What makes this product even more special is that it comes in varied sizes. One can buy the product according to their need. It kills bed bugs on contact and does so without releasing any unpleasant fragrance.
Best Suitable for
The Patrol Bed Bug Spray can be used both indoors and outdoors; however, it is best suited for clothing items and any type of fabric. It also works on beds and curtains. It has a charming aroma and comes at a very affordable price, fit for anyone’s budget.
Comparison of Top 5 Best Bed Bug Sprays
|Bed Bug Killer by EcoRaider||Bedlam Plus Aerosol||Harris Toughest Bed Bug Killer||MDXconcepts Organic Bed Bug killer||Bed Bug Patrol Bed Bug Killer|
|Scent||Odor stays on clothing||Odorless||Odorless||Bearable, not odorless||Not odorless|
|Weight||16 oz,||1.1 pounds||16 oz||16 oz||24 oz|
|Dimensions||4 x 4 x 10 inches||8 x 5.5 x 9.5 inches||10 x 3 x 3 inches||8.7 x 3.46 x 3.07 inches||4.25 x 2 x 10.5 inches|
Buyer Guide to select the Best Bed Bug Spray
These are some following points which a person needs to know before buying any bed bug spray:
Look for sprays that are effective for a long time and can get the job done in a single go. A good bed bug spray can last for more than 46-72 hours.
The spray should also be beneficial in killing the eggs and not just the adults so there’s no such possibility of the new bed bugs re-infesting or hatching at your home.
Bed bug sprays are known for their strong smells, so if you’re allergic to strong smells, try to look for sprays which don’t gives off any odor.
A right bed bug spray won’t leave any stains. This enables you to spray it on any surface with comfort, including mattresses, wooden surfaces, and clothing entities.
Organic and Safe
If you have children, or pets at home, it is best to look for organic or non-toxic sprays that are safe to use on fabrics and accommodation. Your pets may lick those surfaces and become sick from toxic chemicals, so be careful.
If you’re an environment-conscious buyer, look for organic ingredients or biodegradable ingredients.
Bed bugs are certainly the most annoying pests and make it hard to sleep at night by biting and crawling all over. Nevertheless, if you act accordingly and follow the instructions on the bed bug sprays, you’ll be able to erase bed bugs from your home. We hope this article has helped you make the correct decision!