Bed Bugs are blood-sucking insects that dwell in beds. They feed on human blood and their bites are so severe that it can result in a number of health problems such as skin rashes, allergy, and in worse cases, psychological effects!
It is difficult to detect any bed bug infestation at an initial stage as they are extremely small in size and their bites are often confused with bites from other pests.
You can get rid of bed bugs with the help of bed bugs traps. The following two types of bed bug traps available in the market:
1. Slippery Traps
These traps are very well structured as they have a rough exterior making it easy for bed bugs to climb.
However, the interior of the trap is very smooth, not allowing the trapped bugs to fly out. The insides of the traps are around four inches in size so that it can hold a greater number of bugs with ease.
2. Sticky Traps
These traps are similar to slippery traps as they also have a rough exterior. However, their interior is glued and the bugs get trapped inside in a sticky condition.
They can be placed anywhere near the bed, furniture, cracks, etc. which you doubt is infested as it has the ability to trap a considerable amount of bugs.
Table of Contents
Top 5 Best Bed Bug Traps to Get rid of Bed Bugs
The following are some of the best bed bug traps available in the market to help you get rid of bed bugs and other insects:
|1||Trapper Insect Trap by Bell|
|2||Climbup Insect Interceptor Bed Bug Trap|
|3||Trapper Max Glue Traps|
|4||EcoPest Labs Bed Bug Interceptors|
|5||Zulu Supply XL Bed Bug Interceptors|
This bed bug trap can unravel all your pest problems without any hassle as it is fast and quite productive and can stick to all neat surfaces.
Its size can be changed as per your requirement and since it can be used indoors, around children and kids without any worries as it does not make use of any non-toxic material.
|• Can stick to almost every surface|
• Easy to set up and use
• Does not make use of any toxic material
• Safe to use around children and pets
• Effective against various bugs and small insects
• You can change its size as per your requirement
• Can be used indoors in rooms, workplaces, etc.
|• Ineffective against larger insects|
User feedback on Trapper Insect Trap by Bell
Many user said that Trapper Insect Trap by Bell helped to get rid of multiple pests in their homes quickly as it is very easy to set-up and can be used around children.
The specialty of Trapper Insect Trap by Bell
This bed bug trap serves multiple purposes and eliminates the need to buy multiple traps as it is effective against multiple bugs and insects, and its size can be changed accordingly.
It is best suited for people struggling with multiple pest infestations and have children and pets around as it is non-toxic.
It is one of the best slippery bed bug traps available in the market as it has a strong structure which makes sure that the trapped bugs don’t escape. The trap can be placed anywhere due to its small size and eliminates the need to buy multiple products.
|• Does not use any pesticide|
• Eliminates the need to buy multiple traps
• Safe to use around children and animals
• Makes sure that the bugs are not able to escape
• Can be placed anywhere
• Made of hard plastics
• Has durable design and structure
|• Not pre-lined with talcum or baby powder|
User feedback on Climbup Insect Interceptor Bed Bug Trap
Lot of buyers said they found this bed bug trap very effective in catching a shocking amount of bed bugs! It is quite effective due to its ability of not letting bugs escape, and can be used safely around children.
The specialty of Climbup Insect Interceptor Bed Bug Trap
Climbup Insect Interceptor Bed Bug Trap is designed in such a way that it does not break easily or let the bugs escape. It is best suited for residential purposes as it is pesticide-free and can be used by people having children or pets in their house.
This bed bug trap can be used in two ways: Flat and Fold, and works by luring the bugs in to the trap with the help of a certain smell.
Since the area of the trap is large, it can trap a greater number of bugs and can be placed in different places around the house. However, it can not be used outdoors as it is not water-proof.
|• Can be used in multiple ways|
• Attracts bugs with a certain smell
• Does not make use of any pesticide
• Provides large coverage area
• Can be placed in small places as well
• Not expensive as compared to other traps
|• Not water-proof|
• Can’t be used outdoors
User feedback on Trapper Max Glue Traps
Many users have found Trapper Max Glue Traps to be very effective and easy to use. The trap provided instant results as it allowed to cut it in to smaller bits in order to cover a larger area. It is worth the investment and can be used anywhere indoors even if there are children around.
The specialty of Trapper Max Glue Traps
This bed bug trap is scented like peanut butter in order to bait the pests and is quite affordable. It provides large coverage as it can be used in multiple ways and does no use any toxic substance, making it suitable for people dealing with a severe infestation.
It is a powerful and inventive product as it traps bugs without any help of insecticides and pesticides and is reusable.
It is made of strong material making it quite durable and can trap bugs when placed below any furniture due to its double-structure. It can be used near children and pets as well.
|• Provides large coverage|
• Does not make use of any toxic material or substance
• Safe to use around children and pets
• Durable as it is made up of strong material
• Can trap pests even when placed under the furniture
• Eliminates the need to buy multiple traps as it is reusable
|• Bad customer service|
User feedback on EcoPest Labs Bed Bug Interceptors
The EcoPest interceptors is very sturdy and easy to use. It helped in getting rid of bugs hiding below my furniture, without using any pesticide.
The specialty of EcoPest Labs Bed Bug Interceptors
The EcoPest Bed bug interceptors is well-known for its fascinating layout as it has a double-well structure and an interior measuring around four inches, allowing it to be placed almost anywhere.
Also, it will not crack under force and would last for a long time making it highly suitable for people who are facing a severe indoor infestation.
This bed bug interceptor is a good choice if you are dealing with a severe infestation as it helps in finding the source of the infestation.
It is a chemical free product and therefore, can be used around children and other animals. The slippery design of the product makes sure that the pests are not able to escape and that it can be used indoors.
|• Organic trap|
• Can be used around children and animals
• Can be placed near every furniture
• Determines the source of infestation
• Slippery design doesn’t let the bugs escape
• Eliminates the need to buy multiple traps
|• Quality control issues|
User feedback on Zulu Supply XL Bed Bug Interceptors
Zulu Supply XL Bed Bug Interceptors is durable and effectively removed bed bugs from children’s rooms. Apart from rooms, the product can be easily placed below any furniture and works with the same effectiveness.
The specialty of Zulu Supply XL Bed Bug Interceptors
This bed bug interceptor has a two-well structure with such a diameter range that it can effortlessly fit under most of the furniture, and help in getting rid of the pesky bugs effectively.
Moreover, its design is very well constructed, making sure that the bugs are not able to escape. It is best suited for everyone as it is constructed in such a way that it benefits every person who selects this product.
Buyer Guide to select the best Bed Bug Trap
Before buying any bed bug trap, you should consider the following points and check if the product is suitable for you:
- Size: Make sure that the trap you select has good compact size as you might need to position it in narrow areas such as under the bedpost. These bugs dwell in small, dark places, making it necessary that the product is able to fit in or get through those places.
- Sturdy: If a bed bug trap is sturdier, it would be able to withstand the weight of the mattress and able to capture the maximum amount of bed bugs. If it is not strong enough, it would break easily and waste all your investment in the product.
- Amount of Insecticide and Pesticide: Another trait of a good bed bug trap is that it would not contain any sort of pesticides or toxic substances as they can be extremely dangerous to your health as well as the health of your pets and your kids. It is best to opt for organic traps or the ones that don’t use any chemicals.
You can get rid of bed bugs easily if you choose a suitable trap as per your requirements and budget. The majority of the bed bug traps don’t make use of any toxic substance, making them safe for use around children and pets. Therefore, you should select any trap keeping in mind how severe the infestation is and how much coverage area is required.