How to Get rid of Wasps? Top 5 Best Wasp Repellents
Wasps are winged insects having a narrow waist with yellow and black stripes and a sting. They make their nest from wood pulp and feed on any substance or insect that includes sugar.
Wasps sting can cause severe allergic reactions and in worse cases, death. Apart from their sting, if they have infested your house and created a nest, it would result in weakened infrastructure.
How to get rid of Wasps?
Below is the list of top Wasp repellents to get rid of them.
- Spectracide Wasp and Hornet Killer
- Raid Electrically non-conducting Wasp and Hornet Killer
- Aspectek Reusable Trap
- Get Lost Wasp, Bee Deterrent
- Eliminator Solar Powered Wasp Trap Catcher
Top 5 Best Wasp Repellents
1. Spectracide Wasp and Hornet Killer
The Spectracide Wasp and Hornet Killer gets rid of wasps as soon as they come upon its contact.
It comprises of lambda-cyhalothrin in low concentration that is effective enough to paralyze the nervous systems of wasps upon dermal absorption. It also includes an aerosol spray to reach even short corners or high regions.
- Large coverage: This wasp repellent includes an aerosol spray can that can reach up to 27 feet. This is really convenient and effective largely since various wasps can form their nests in hard-to-reach regions.
- Kills on contact: This solution contains neurotoxins in the liquid form that is absorbed through the exoskeleton of wasps which immediately paralyzes the nervous systems of the wasps.
- Eradicates the nest: The soap expands to the other areas of the nest thereby breaking it down shortly. Some buyers also said that they removed the nests manually in order to obstruct other wasps from coming back.
- Non-staining: It can easily be applied to furniture since the ingredients do not smudge or cause any defect after application.
- Up to 27 feet spray reach
- Kills on contact
- Destroys the nest
- Formulated for outdoor purposes against stinging hornets and wasps
- Destroys wasp and hornet nests by killing insects on contact
- Provides large coverage
- Gets rid of wasps quickly
- Eradicates wasp nests
- Get rid of larvae as well
- Contains harsh ingredients
2. Raid Electrically non-conducting Wasp and Hornet Killer
The non-conducting makes use of synthetic insecticides like cypermethrin and prallethrin to effectively destroy the nervous system of wasps even as soon as it comes in contact with their exoskeleton, which results in their death.
The chemical composition is strong enough to get rid of wasps as well as their nests.
- Provides large coverage: This wasp spray can be applied even when you are 22 ft. away from wasps, but it is suggested that there should be a maximum distance of 12 ft. while applying the spray for more effective results. Maintaining a safe distance is important because wasps carry fatal viruses and may even try to lay eggs beneath your skin.
- Residual action: This spray’s active ingredients remain productive even after a few days. Therefore, the wasps that try to come back to the nests are inflicted with the spray as well when they come in contact with its remains.
- Effective against various pests: This wasp spray is not only effective against wasps but also against bees, mud daubers, and yellow jackets that make their nests near your house mostly during the end of the summer season.
- Only for Outdoor use: The ingredients used in this product are formulated for outdoor purposes only as the neurotoxins are so powerful that their exposure to pets or humans may lead to irritation or even severe harm in the case of small animals.
- Kills from up to 22 ft. away
- Residual action
- For Outdoor use only
- Kills wasps, hornets, mud daubers, and yellow jackets
- Electrically non-conducting up to 32,500 volts
- Highly effective
- Kills wasps promptly
- Can be used outdoors
- Sprays from 22 ft. away
- Effective against yellow jackets and mud dauber
- Can’t be used indoors
- Might irritate humans and other animals
3. Aspectek Reusable Trap
Aspectek Trap is highly effective against Wasps, Bees, Yellow Jackets, and Hornets as it is made up of solid plastic with a reusable belt so you can hang it outside your house.
You just need to hang it outside and wait for the wasps to come into the trap as the cone-shaped tunnels permit them to get inside but not leave. The trap comes with a manual on how to make the bait that will lure the wasps.
- Easy to use: This trap includes a built-in design for deterring wasps from escaping. Therefore, all you need to do is spray the bait inside and it will start working. Also, the bait can be rinsed easily and used again.
- Highly productive: The design of the trap makes the wasps anxious to get inside but will find it hard to go out.
- Reusable traps: This wasps trap can withstand outdoor climates, rough weather conditions, and are strong enough to be used over and over again.
- Hanging Cord: The trap includes an 18-inch nylon cord to let you hang it outside your house, where the wasps are prominently seen.
- Bait recipe: This wasp repellent does not include its own bait but you can easily make it yourself with the ingredients available in your kitchen. Since wasps are lured to sugar, you can use a mixture of sugar and water as bait to attract them into the trap.
- Easy to use and rinse without any maintenance
- It includes a Bait recipe preparation guide
- It includes an 18-inch cord for flexible disclosure and convenient storage
- Designed with numerous entry passages
- Highly productive to get rid of wasps, yellow jacket, and hornets
- Traps them without letting them out
- Includes two traps
- Convenient to use
- Made of strong material
- Highly effective
- Some wasps may be able to escape
- The lid might get loose over time
4. Get Lost Wasp, Bee Deterrent
This wasp deterrent is designed to look like a wasp nest as it is created from cotton and bamboo fiber to make it more reliable.
It works by preventing other wasps from making nests as they are made to speculate that another nest is already prevailing. And, wasps being territorial insects usually stay away for at least 200 ft. from other nests.
- Natural, non-fatal, and chemical-free impediment: This wasp deterrent composed of cotton and bamboo fibers to act as a visual impediment and does not cause any damage to the wasps.
- Depends upon wasps’ natural territorial behavior: It works effectively while wasps are still searching for a place to nest, and not after they have certainly built one as wasps resist the area where they see any bait.
- Easy to hang: This wasp deterrent includes a wire set in the middle of the material in order to sustain its shape. You can also use it as a solid hanging material, just to make sure that the area is not exposed to moisture or rain.
- Designed from weather-resistant cotton and bamboo fiber mixture: The fabric is made with the addition of bamboo fiber, making it more reluctant to wind and moisture. Some users also used lacquer paint in order to make it more water-resistant.
- Non- lethal and chemical-free deterrent
- Effective against a variety of wasps and yellow jackets
- Acts as an optical deterrent
- Prevents them from building nests within 200 ft.
- Easy to hang under decks, eaves, dense tree canopy, or any other safe outdoor area
- Curbs wasp infestations from hindering the outdoor activities
- Cost-effective way to get rid of wasps naturally
- Composed of weather-resistant cotton and bamboo fiber mixture
- Non-fatal and chemical-free
- Easy to use
- Made from natural fabrics
- Works against a variety of wasp
- Ineffective against ground-nesting wasp
- Minimal effect on prevailing wasp nests
5. Eliminator Solar Powered Wasp Trap Catcher
This wasp repellent has strong plastic materials with a bucket-like design, making it simple to hang outside.
It has two holes on the sides from where the wasps can get inside the trap, but not escape. Additionally, it uses a solar-powered blue ultraviolet light to entice the wasps at night.
This wasp catcher lures wasps inside and then prevents them from going outside by using baits and traps, a mixture of high-quality inputs and the latest technology, making it one of the most productive wasp control systems.
- Quick and easy setup: You just need to put some bait inside the plastic and then wait for the wasps. It comprises a metal handle so that you can hang it from branches.
- Highly effective: The use of ultraviolet light strengthens the ability of the trap of attracting wasps. The midst of the canister and the design of the cones steering inside makes it an efficient tool in deterring the wasps from escaping.
- Solar Ultraviolet Light: Although this was repellent uses ultraviolet light, it doesn’t need a separate electrical source as it includes its own solar cell, placed at the top of the canister. However, make sure that you excavate it in sunlight during the daylight.
- Durable: It is made of highly reliable plastic that can withstand years of use and rough weather conditions.
- Maintenance-free treatment: Since this wasp repellent uses a simple bait, disposing of the dead wasps is easy too as you just need to open the lid and throw them out.
- Quick and easy setup
- Very Effective
- Steady pest control range
- Uses solar ultraviolet light
- Low maintenance
- Traps large amount of bees and wasps
- Economic wasp management
- Easy to use
- Makes use of solar-powered ultraviolet light
- Made of reliable materials
- Productive trapping
- Low maintenance
- Expensive as compared to other products
- Some wasps may be able to escape
Buyer Guide to select the Best Wasp Spray
Before buying any repellent to get rid of Wasps, you should keep the following points in mind and make sure that it is suitable for your use:
- The distance of jet spray if you are purchasing a Spray: You need to make sure that the spray you opt to buy has a sufficient reach for you to squirt a wasp whizzing around, whilst making sure that the chemicals are kept away from your skin. Don’t swallow in large breaths of air whilst spraying and make sure that you wash your hands afterward to avoid any cross-contamination or rubbing it in your eyes.
- Kids and pets: Always check the ingredients in the spray before using it around children and pets as they might contain some toxic substance.
- Outdoor or indoor usage: Many aerosols can only be used outdoors, so always read the label before sprinkling indoors.
- Environment: Some chemical aerosols don’t tend to be eco-friendly. So, you should check out for those wasps’ sprinkles available in the market that make use of organic ingredients.
Wasps are one of the most dangerous insects and incredibly difficult to get rid of once they have made a nest at your place. Instead of manually removing wasp nests, it is best to opt for wasp repellents in the form of sprays and aerosols to get rid of them without harming yourself and your pets.